Monday, January 18, 2010

ALA midwinter conference 2010

Another big congratulations to all the winners this year, HURRAH!

Needless to say it was a busy weekend with hundreds of librarians, authors, illustrators, agents, and publishers buzzing around the Boston Convention Center. It was nice to take a break from quiet Northampton life to run around the city for a few days catching up with old friends and chatting with new ones.

On Friday before the main events began Grace threw a dessert party at her apartment in Somerville so locals and those traveling could sit down and catch up over cupcakes. I didn't get any pictures of the fun, so I am stealing this one from Alvina. Not a bad spread!



Saturday after lunch with my agent (and more sweet treats), we headed down to the Convention Center to take a peek at the floor.



There were booths and displays full of books books books as far as the eye could see.



Then we headed over to the Tweet-up thrown by Mitali Perkins and Deborah Sloan. If you don't know what a tweet-up is don't worry, neither did I... turns out it is just like a cocktail party except every so often someone takes out a device and tweets. OR if you're like me and don't have an iphone or whatnot, you just get to meet the people whose tweets and facebook posts and blogs you always read... lots of fun!



I knew it was going to be a big event but my goodness it was MOBBED. Nice work ladies!





Grace, Alvina and I made the rounds with fellow tweeters.



Including the lovely Jeannie Brett (below) and countless other book folks who I sadly neglected to get pictures of.



One of whom generously brought some of Grace's cupcakes from Friday night to share. Mmmm they were good.

No comments: