Friday, February 20, 2009

Virginia Festival of the Book

This March, I'll be returning to the Virginia Festival of the Book in my hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia to visit schools and give talks about my work. This will be my third trip down for the festival, which is by far one of the best organized, well run festivals I've been to.

This year in addition to visiting local elementary schools (I've had the amazing experience of going back to schools I actually attended- there is nothing like walking the halls of a school etched in your childhood memory), the festival is sending me to visit several Head Start classrooms, which I am really excited about. Makes me miss teaching the little guys.

Here is a clip from a tv ad for the festival, if you look closely they are reading my book The Three Little Kittens! Woohoo!

No comments: